For spelling, we have a paragraph instead of a list. This teaches students more than words. It helps with capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and writing paragraphs. Tests will be on Thursdays. This week's paragraph is:
Friendship is important to room 14. Having friends means we have someone to play with outside. We might have fun playing soccer. Another good reason for having a friend is they can help me. When I get hurt, they help me up. Clearly, friends are valuable to everyone!
Each week students write their own Weekly Review. I will select 1 student to spotlight each week. This week's student is Griffin:
This week I did many things. First, we made red and black ladybugs with white eyes. Second, we
read Rugby and Rosie and took an AR for it. Last, we made teachers and colored it with a red apple. Now you know, I had a great weekend!Math next week will be on patterns and place value. For reading, we will be reading a folk tale called Damon and Pythias. This is a story that shows friendship.
Please don't forget that there is homework EVERY night. Students need to be reading an AR book each night and having their pink weekly focus sheets signed. Math homework will beginning soon.
I hope you have a wonderful 3 day weekend and I'll see everyone on Tuesday!