Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 28th

Here we are - another wonderful week in room 14!



Please remember that your child needs to have an AR book every night. Last week students read books from the Magic Tree House series. This series website is:

http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/magictreehouse/

Students have really enjoyed the different books and found that they are easy reads too.



In reading this week, we are reading the story Teammates about Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese. We are discussing segregation, integrity, and friendship.



Math's focus is 2 digit addition with regrouping. We are also working on problem solving.



Yahoo! We started our Plant Growth and Development science kit this week. Students planted seeds. We are looking at the parts of a seed and what our plants will need to grow.



Last Thursday we read with our first grade reading buddies in Mrs. Watt's room.



The spelling paragraph is:

I hurt my knee outside while I was climbing a tree with my friend. Quickly, my friend ran to phone my mother. “Hurry, Josh fell and hurt himself!” exclaimed Ethan. Mom rushed over and saw I had injured my wrist too. She remarked, “Let’s go to the emergency room.” Fortunately, the doctor thought I would be just fine.



Don't forget to try to collect money for our jog-a-thon. Just 1 more week left. Let's try hard to reach our classroom goal of $800.



Student Review of the Week is from Jose:

I had a great week. First I took my MAP test on the computer and my score was 200. Then I took my Magic Tree Hourse book on the computer and I got 8 out of 10. Last we did the Double Trouble experiment. I chose B but it was D. That was a fun weekend.


If you would like to order books, just mark it on the back order form for each order you wish to purchase from. Please write one check to Scholastic for all the orders – it does not have to be separate checks. Book orders are due Friday, October 2nd. Books usually arrive 2 – 3 weeks after the order is placed.